Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Maplelea Spa

Did you know you can send your doll to the Maplelea Spa if she meets with an unfortunate incident?
The Maplelea Company offers this $65 service where you send your doll in and you are sent back an entirely new doll (of the same character) dressed as above.
If you would like to send your doll to the spa for a visit you need to fill out this form   
and send it in with your payment and undressed doll.

I sent my American Girl Doll Samantha in to the "doll hospital"  (when I got her she had no hair) and they just replaced her head and returned her to me.
I am not sure what service I would prefer, the Maplelea Spa is actually a really neat idea and when we invest in these quality doll play items it is comforting to know that if something is to happen to our dolls, we have options.
As with all my posts please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. It cost me nearly $50 with shipping and tax to get my AG's doll's head replaced. It would have been even more except I dropped her off at an AG store, saving myself the postage that it would have cost to have sent her to the doll hospital. Considering that I paid about $45 for the doll, and her stuffing and limbs were still the same old stuff, and the only "extra" she got was a light cotton Hospital type gown, I would say that Maplea Spa is a better deal. It's the head of the doll that tends to make her special, IMO, most of the time. I had no attachment to the doll's face that I sent to the hospital, so it was not an issue, but some people are attached to a doll's expression, the eyelashes, face shape, especially if the doll is an older version distinctly different from what heads AG keeps on hand.

    You are basically swapping dolls, either way, and at least with Maplelea you are getting a whole new doll--you don't have to wonder what is in the stuffing, the limbs are tight, no more marks and stains on the body, none of which is addressed with a new head. Does that%$65 include shipping and tax?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Tax on top but I agree with you Catherine it is a great deal!

      Delete