Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dolly and Stuffed Animal Band-Aid's

If you know a child who loves to put band-aids on on themselves and their dolls and stuffed animals then today's craft is one you may want to try.
I mail envelopes to my three nieces who live in Montreal weekly. I try to send them fun flat items like stickers, juice crystals and fun band-aids in their letters for them to enjoy. My one niece Cadence, loves the Disney show Doc. McStuffins and uses her band-aids on all her toys, which can be very messy.
My sister Bre found this great blog Pink and Green Mama that showed how to make felt band-aids and asked me if I could make the girls some.  So I started out making each girl 10 real sized band-aids they could use for their dolls.
I used two colors of felt for each band-aid and I used two pieces of cut up rough side Velcro. This way the band aid will wrap around it's self to stay on or can be laid across a stuffed animal and still stay on.
When I made each girl 10 I placed them in a snack sized zip lock bag and made a label with them for each of my "Dr. Nieces"
I then covered the labels with clear packing tape and mailed them to my nieces, who should get them by next Wednesday. These band-aids also will go around a child's finger for fun play.
To visit the tutorial on Pink and Green Mama please click here
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment